The Cyclist Law “Honesty, Integrity and Hard Work” Scholarship
Dear Student Scholarship Coordinator or Scholarship Applicant:
Since 2000, CyclistLaw has proven to be a “tough as nails” law firm that advocates for the rights of victims and their families. From inception to completion of any case, CyclistLaw is passionate about its clients and what it takes to win through honesty, integrity and hard work. We would like to give back to the community by awarding one (1) prospective college student with a $1,000 scholarship that completes the following requirements by the deadline.
Applications can be downloaded from our website at www.cyclistlaw.com/scholarship or picked up from our office. All required information must be received no later than December 31, 2016, to be considered. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 512-386-8117.
- Institution: Any college or university
- Total Scholarship Amount: $1,000 to be awarded to one student
- Eligibility: Any graduating senior or undergraduate student
- Award Date: Recipient will be notified by email and/or phone by March 1, 2017. The winners will be announced on our website, Twitter and Facebook on March 2, 2017.
- Payment: Monies will be paid directly to applicant’s college/university on applicant’s behalf after he/she provides a letter of acceptance to CyclistLaw.
Requirements to Apply:
- Applicant must show good character, excel in academics, and be involved in community service.
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- In addition to the application for scholarship, applicants will be required to write an essay according to the following criteria:
Essay Question: “How have you shown honesty, integrity and hard work?”
- Include your short-term and long-term goals
- Must be 500-650 words
- Essay must be TYPED
Required Documentation to Be Submitted with Application:
- Most recent transcript showing GPA
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, administrator, pastor, or community leader
- Verification of community service
- Completed Essay
***Where to send all required documents (including application):***
- Email – lenore
@cyclistlaw.com (Attention Lenore Shefman)
- Physical Address: 1002 West Ave #301 Austin,TX 78701
PLEASE NOTE: If the applicant will be a student athlete, please check the NCAA, or coordinating sports association’s guidelines, as they may not allow the applicant to receive this scholarship per their regulations.