What To Do If You Are Involved in a Motorcycle or Scooter Accident
- Call 911. Get medical assistance . Even if you don’t feel injured, you could be in shock or your injuries not apparent.
- Report. Make sure that police take a detailed report.
- Document. Get information like drivers license, insurance and license plate and a description of the driver and vehicle.
- Never discuss fault with the driver, or insurance representatives.
- Diagram. Make a map of the street, where the vehicles are located and any other details relevant to th accident.
- Take note of all damaged property, clothing and equipment.
- DO NOT throw any article of clothing away, even if it is badly soiled.
- Take photos of injuries and damages.
- Contact a skilled and knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney at the Shefman Law Group.
- Remember, insurance companies ask questions that may not be designed to help you.
Contact the Shefman Law Group, we have been litigating bike and motorcycle accident cases for over 12 years and have tried many to verdict. We fight, we win! Our motorcycle accident attorneys will work with you to make sure the insurance companies do not take advantage of you and compensate you fairly.
As Austin’s streets become busier, your best chance of keeping yourself safe is to drive defensively and learn from more experienced bikers. Look for motorcycle safety classes in your area and ride safe.