Government Claims

Claims against a government entity arise when the bicycle or motorcycle collision or accident is caused by defective or dangerous conditions of public property or where the collision is the result of a public employee’s negligence.

Government claims raise a variety of issues and procedures that if not properly complied with can result in a waiver or a barring of your claim.

Since the procedural rules involved in filing a claim against a government entity are involved and must be strictly complied with, it is imperative that you contact an experienced bicycle, motorcycle, and scooter accident lawyer within a month of your accident. If you wait, you could jeopardize your ability to file a claim.

If you have been involved in a bicycle, motorcycle or scooter accident, as a result of a dangerous condition of the roadway (e.g. pot holes, open manholes, poorly secured construction zones) or from the negligence of a public employee (e.g. police officer, bus driver, construction worker) contact our office as soon as you or a loved one is physically able. Prompt action by an experienced bicycle or motorcycle accident attorney is necessary to determine the proper public entity and to properly present the claim according to the Government Code.